137. UNRWA. Annual Report of the Director of Health, 1986. Vienna: UNRWA, 1987: 52 pp.
A detailed review of the health activities of UNRWA is presented in this report. Services and achievements of UNRWA's health department include:
- Curative medical care services comprising in-patient and out-patient medical care, dental care, rehabilitation of physically disabled persons, laboratory and radiology diagnostic services.
- Preventative medical services include communicable disease control, maternal and child health, school health services, health education, health protection and promotion activities directed towards non-communicable disease control, mental health and health care for the elderly.
- Community health nursing programs.
- Environmental health services.
- Nutrition and supplementary feeding services.